Chris Brown to host Haiti benefit concert in Va.
NEW YORK (AP) - April 19, 2010 -- Chris Brown will headline and host a benefit concert in Virginia next month.
"Virginia Stand Up! A Call to Action" will be held May 15 at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. Performers will include Trey Songz, Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Mario and Ryan Leslie.
The 20-year-old R&B singer said in a statement Monday he wanted to personally contribute to the Haitian relief effort and support an organization that helps people in his home state. Proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross and the Central Virginia Foodbank.
Brown was sentenced last year to five years' probation and six months of community labor after pleading guilty to felony assault. He was charged in an attack on his then-girlfriend Rihanna hours before the 2009 Grammys.
chris brown, haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 2 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 47 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 5 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
49 min ago