Best of the Class welcomes 2010
UNIVERSITY CITY - April 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- Graduation season is nearing and today 6abc helped make a special moment happen for the area's top students. It's the 2010 version of the Best of the Class.
Watch the 6abc Best of the Class 2010 Special on May 15th at 7:00 p.m.
It's the annual salute to excellence honoring students achieving at the highest level. Two-hundred-fifty high school seniors from Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and Delaware gathered at Drexel University.
As they get ready to turn their tassle this year and prepare for the future,
It's a day of celebration as these bright, young scholars will take part in "Best of the Class 2010" hosted by Action News' Tamala Edwards and Matt O'Donnell.
Each student at the taping is considered to have the top grades of their class. For the past 27 years, 6abc has been honoring the hard work and determination of students from each graduating class across our area. These seniors say they have big hopes for the future.
" I would love to be an ambassador," said Rachel Karen of Upper Merion High School. " think it would be awesome to represent the United States."
Neil Kirschling of southern New Jersey plans on attending University of Delware with an interest in public policy, and he's ready for a little taste of independence.
"I'm looking forward to going outside mom's cooking," Kirschling said. " Grab the world and see what you can do with it."
While they come from different communities and perhaps a few rival schools across the area, these students all have one common goal: To change the world.
entertainment, melissa magee
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 33 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 26 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act