Amy Winehouse bruises ribs in fall at home
LONDON (AP) - April 27, 2010 -- Amy Winehouse is being treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling at home.
The soul diva's spokesman says Winehouse also suffered a cut above her eye after she tripped and fell at her north London house on Saturday.
Spokesman Chris Goodman said Tuesday that the 26-year-old singer is recovering at a private clinic, and is expected to be fine.
Winehouse shot to stardom with the Grammy-winning album "Back to Black" in 2006, but her music has been overshadowed by drug use, legal run-ins and a tempestuous marriage that ended in divorce last year.
Goodman says she has been recording new material with producer Mark Ronson.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 28 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 15 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 15 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 20 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 24 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 54 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos