Amy Winehouse bruises ribs in fall at home
LONDON (AP) - April 27, 2010 -- Amy Winehouse is being treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling at home.
The soul diva's spokesman says Winehouse also suffered a cut above her eye after she tripped and fell at her north London house on Saturday.
Spokesman Chris Goodman said Tuesday that the 26-year-old singer is recovering at a private clinic, and is expected to be fine.
Winehouse shot to stardom with the Grammy-winning album "Back to Black" in 2006, but her music has been overshadowed by drug use, legal run-ins and a tempestuous marriage that ended in divorce last year.
Goodman says she has been recording new material with producer Mark Ronson.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 6 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar