Tests shed light on condition of Bret Michaels
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 27, 2010 -- Tests results indicate Bret Michaels has a lack of sodium in his body that leads to seizures, according to a message posted Tuesday on the website of the glam rock-reality TV star.
The condition, called hyponatremia, is a side effect of a brain hemorrhage that has left the Poison frontman in intensive care at an undisclosed hospital.
The tests also found the 47-year-old Michaels suffered a type of stroke that causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain.
Michaels' New York-based publicist Joann Mignano provided a written statement confirming the Web posting.
The message said doctors are hopeful Michaels will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system.
los angeles, bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 13 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 27 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
13 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
35 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
44 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
53 min ago