Letterman putting life back together after scandal
NEW YORK (AP) - April 30, 2010 -- David Letterman says the scandal surrounding his workplace dalliances "knocked him down" and depressed him, but that he's putting the pieces of his life back together.
During a guest appearance on Friday's "Live with Regis and Kelly," the CBS late-night star said his behavior hurt his family and himself. But he sounded hopeful that life with his wife and young son can "even be better, in a different way" than before the explosive revelations that he had had sex with co-workers.
Letterman made no reference to the $2 million shakedown attempt over his sex life that spurred him to acknowledge the affairs on his show last October.
Former television producer Robert Halderman, who pleaded guilty to the blackmail attempt, is scheduled to be sentenced next week.
david letterman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures