Pa. town engulfed by rumors about Beyonce, Jay-Z
NEW RINGGOLD, Pa. (AP) - April 30, 2010 -- Hey, didja hear the news? Beyonce and Jay-Z are moving to Pennsylvania!
At least that's the rumor swirling around a cluster of small towns in the eastern part of the state: That the Grammy Award winners are buying a multimillion-dollar spread on 210 secluded acres in Schuylkill (SKOO'-kuhl) County.
People are talking about it in grocery stores and pharmacies, at the fitness center, at their kids' T-ball games, online and over the phone. One fan even posted a welcome message on Beyonce's official website.
No one seems to know how the rumor got started. But it has been supercharged by unconfirmed sightings of the superstar singer at several businesses.
At this point, though, the rumor appears to be just that. A real estate agent marketing the 16,000-square-foot home says the gossip is not true.
beyonce, jay z, pennsylvania, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
7 min ago