Pa. town engulfed by rumors about Beyonce, Jay-Z
NEW RINGGOLD, Pa. (AP) - April 30, 2010 -- Hey, didja hear the news? Beyonce and Jay-Z are moving to Pennsylvania!
At least that's the rumor swirling around a cluster of small towns in the eastern part of the state: That the Grammy Award winners are buying a multimillion-dollar spread on 210 secluded acres in Schuylkill (SKOO'-kuhl) County.
People are talking about it in grocery stores and pharmacies, at the fitness center, at their kids' T-ball games, online and over the phone. One fan even posted a welcome message on Beyonce's official website.
No one seems to know how the rumor got started. But it has been supercharged by unconfirmed sightings of the superstar singer at several businesses.
At this point, though, the rumor appears to be just that. A real estate agent marketing the 16,000-square-foot home says the gossip is not true.
beyonce, jay z, pennsylvania, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 6 min ago
- Windy and cold today 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 36 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 25 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 32 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad