Billboard ranks Clarkson most successful 'Idol'
NEW YORK (AP) - May 5, 2010 -- Carrie Underwood may have sold more albums than Kelly Clarkson, but the original "American Idol" winner is still the most successful, according to Billboard.
Clarkson has sold 10.6 million albums, 15.9 million tracks and has had 4.2 million radio plays, according to Billboard.com, ranking her the top graduate from "Idol." Underwood has 11.5 million and 13.9 million for album and single sales, respectively. The country singer's also had 2.4 million radio plays since she won "Idol" in 2005.
The third most successful "Idol" never won the crown and wasn't even a runner up: It's Chris Daughtry, who fronts his own band, Daughtry; they have sold 5.7 million albums.
kelly clarkson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 30 min ago
- Milder Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 30 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 2 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 30 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
30 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
8 min ago
- Milder Monday
1 min ago