Could time be right for CNN, CBS News to partner?
NEW YORK (AP) - May 5, 2010 -- The head of CNN's parent company says the network could have a deal with a broadcast news division to share resources by the end of the year.
Jeff Bewkes (BYOO'-kihs), chairman and CEO of Time Warner Inc., said Wednesday that it's no secret there have been such talks, although nothing is imminent. CNN and CBS have kicked around the idea for more than a decade but there now could be more of an incentive to get something done.
CBS News is losing money and could beef up its newsgathering by pairing with CNN, which has a much more extensive worldwide reporting staff. CNN's ratings have been suffering and may be helped by some of CBS' expertise and talent.
Bewkes and other executives say there's nothing imminent, however.
cnn, cbs, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 43 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 34 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar