Could time be right for CNN, CBS News to partner?
NEW YORK (AP) - May 5, 2010 -- The head of CNN's parent company says the network could have a deal with a broadcast news division to share resources by the end of the year.
Jeff Bewkes (BYOO'-kihs), chairman and CEO of Time Warner Inc., said Wednesday that it's no secret there have been such talks, although nothing is imminent. CNN and CBS have kicked around the idea for more than a decade but there now could be more of an incentive to get something done.
CBS News is losing money and could beef up its newsgathering by pairing with CNN, which has a much more extensive worldwide reporting staff. CNN's ratings have been suffering and may be helped by some of CBS' expertise and talent.
Bewkes and other executives say there's nothing imminent, however.
cnn, cbs, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 42 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 46 min ago
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 27 min ago