Chris Brown in court for probation update
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 6, 2010 -- Chris Brown's attorney says the R&B singer has completed nearly 300 hours of community service since being sentenced for beating Rihanna.
Brown appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Thursday morning to offer a judge an update on his community service and domestic violence counseling. Attorney Mark Geragos says Brown is expected to complete his counseling in October.
He's completed roughly 20 percent of the community labor work he's required to perform.
Brown was sentenced last year to five years of probation and six months of community labor for the February 2009 attack on his ex-girlfriend.
The 21-year-old singer is due back in court on Aug. 26 for another update, and a judge has requested a formal probation report on his progress.
chris brown, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe in Va. 2 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
34 min ago