"Dancing" shakes Niecy Nash and her 'jiggly parts'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 11, 2010 -- Niecy Nash joked about her "jiggly parts" throughout her run on "Dancing With the Stars," and now the actress and TV host has been shaken from the ballroom.
She came into the results show in last place, with 43 points out of 60 for her two dances. Judges on the hit ABC show praised the Viennese waltz she performed with professional partner Louis Van Amstel on Monday's episode, but they criticized the couple's paso doble.
"You looked unsteady," judge Bruno Tonioli said. "This wasn't very good."
Nash was nervous before the results show, tweeting, "The tension is thick but I'm prayed up and ready for whatever God has planned." Still, she beamed throughout the episode.
"I am a 40-year-old mother of three. I've got three C-sections under my belt," she said. "I was able to survive in this competition this long against some fantastic people - and with the fact that I cannot hula-hoop with a Cheerio."
She thanked her partner "for molding this lump of clay into something" and her mother and boyfriend, whom she referred to as Mr. Wonderful, for coming to the ballroom to watch her each week.
Nash also thanked the show itself, saying it gave her a chance to "live out a childhood dream."
"This experience has taught me that I can do anything I want to do, and for that I will always be grateful," she said.
Nash's elimination came during an action-packed episode that featured the Gipsy Kings performing two songs and the introduction of the show's college dance championship.
It also set the semifinal slate: Football star Chad Ochocinco, sportscaster Erin Andrews, singer Nicole Scherzinger and Olympic figure skater Evan Lysacek continue the competition for the mirrorball trophy on Monday.
This season's eliminated contestants - including Nash, reality stars Kate Gosselin and Jake Pavelka, astronaut Buzz Aldrin and actors Pamela Anderson, Shannen Doherty and Aiden Turner - are expected to return for the season's final episodes on May 24 and 25.
On the Net:
"Dancing with the Stars," http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars
dancing with the stars, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ