`General Hospital' has 18 Daytime Emmy nominations
NEW YORK (AP) - May 12, 2010 -- The soap opera "General Hospital" leads the way with 18 Daytime Emmy nominations.
It was also announced Wednesday that "As the World Turns," which has been canceled by CBS, has 13 nominations. CBS is airing the annual awards show from Las Vegas on June 27.
"The Young and the Restless" has 16 nominations, "Sesame Street" has 14 and "One Life to Live" has 13.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will give a lifetime achievement award to Agnes Nixon, a creative force behind many soap operas. One was "All My Children," whose star Susan Lucci said Nixon helped create the very fabric of daytime TV.
The ladies of "The View" have a chance to repeat last year's win as best talk show hosts.
abc, general hospital, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos