`General Hospital' has 18 Daytime Emmy nominations
NEW YORK (AP) - May 12, 2010 -- The soap opera "General Hospital" leads the way with 18 Daytime Emmy nominations.
It was also announced Wednesday that "As the World Turns," which has been canceled by CBS, has 13 nominations. CBS is airing the annual awards show from Las Vegas on June 27.
"The Young and the Restless" has 16 nominations, "Sesame Street" has 14 and "One Life to Live" has 13.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will give a lifetime achievement award to Agnes Nixon, a creative force behind many soap operas. One was "All My Children," whose star Susan Lucci said Nixon helped create the very fabric of daytime TV.
The ladies of "The View" have a chance to repeat last year's win as best talk show hosts.
abc, general hospital, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 5 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 41 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
5 min ago