`General Hospital' has 18 Daytime Emmy nominations
NEW YORK (AP) - May 12, 2010 -- The soap opera "General Hospital" leads the way with 18 Daytime Emmy nominations.
It was also announced Wednesday that "As the World Turns," which has been canceled by CBS, has 13 nominations. CBS is airing the annual awards show from Las Vegas on June 27.
"The Young and the Restless" has 16 nominations, "Sesame Street" has 14 and "One Life to Live" has 13.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will give a lifetime achievement award to Agnes Nixon, a creative force behind many soap operas. One was "All My Children," whose star Susan Lucci said Nixon helped create the very fabric of daytime TV.
The ladies of "The View" have a chance to repeat last year's win as best talk show hosts.
abc, general hospital, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
29 min ago