`General Hospital' has 18 Daytime Emmy nominations
NEW YORK (AP) - May 12, 2010 -- The soap opera "General Hospital" leads the way with 18 Daytime Emmy nominations.
It was also announced Wednesday that "As the World Turns," which has been canceled by CBS, has 13 nominations. CBS is airing the annual awards show from Las Vegas on June 27.
"The Young and the Restless" has 16 nominations, "Sesame Street" has 14 and "One Life to Live" has 13.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will give a lifetime achievement award to Agnes Nixon, a creative force behind many soap operas. One was "All My Children," whose star Susan Lucci said Nixon helped create the very fabric of daytime TV.
The ladies of "The View" have a chance to repeat last year's win as best talk show hosts.
abc, general hospital, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 55 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 22 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 25 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball