Lawyer: `Jersey Shore' dustup was no big deal
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - May 12, 2010 -- A lawyer for a cast member of MTV's "Jersey Shore" says an encounter between his client and another woman at a Florida nightclub was a "non-incident."
James Leonard Jr., who represents Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola, says he spoke with her Tuesday after a woman accused the reality show star of punching her twice in the head Saturday night.
Kristen DeMinco showed reporters a bruise under her eye during a news conference outside Miami Beach police headquarters.
Leonard would not go into detail about what transpired between the women. He says he expects Giancola to be cleared once all the facts are known.
A spokesman for the prosecutor's office said authorities would review the allegations to see if charges are appropriate.
"Jersey Shore" is filming in Florida, but will return to Seaside Heights this summer.
new jersey, mtv, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 44 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 51 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 51 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 43 min ago
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
10 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
51 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
51 min ago