Regis Philbin to have blood clot removed from leg
NEW YORK (AP) - May 14, 2010 -- Talk-show host Regis Philbin says he will have a blood clot in his calf removed next week.
The 78-year-old co-host of "Live! With Regis and Kelly" says leg pain is making it difficult for him to walk.
Philbin had hip replacement surgery in December and triple heart bypass surgery in 2007.
He said on Thursday's show: "One of the things you've got to do when you get a new hip is continue to walk, but I can't walk very long."
Philbin says he'll undergo the procedure Tuesday, but gave no other details.
Co-host Kelly Ripa joked: "You're the human version of that game Operation."
abc, regis philbin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 13 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 38 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 49 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 46 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 45 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 36 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
38 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
49 min ago