Regis Philbin to have blood clot removed from leg
NEW YORK (AP) - May 14, 2010 -- Talk-show host Regis Philbin says he will have a blood clot in his calf removed next week.
The 78-year-old co-host of "Live! With Regis and Kelly" says leg pain is making it difficult for him to walk.
Philbin had hip replacement surgery in December and triple heart bypass surgery in 2007.
He said on Thursday's show: "One of the things you've got to do when you get a new hip is continue to walk, but I can't walk very long."
Philbin says he'll undergo the procedure Tuesday, but gave no other details.
Co-host Kelly Ripa joked: "You're the human version of that game Operation."
abc, regis philbin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 39 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 45 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 23 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
45 min ago