'Twilight' mom: Talk of contract dispute overblown
NEW YORK (AP) - May 19, 2010 -- The matriarch of the Cullen family in the "Twilight" films says talk of contract disputes are overblown.
Elizabeth Reaser, who plays Esme Cullen, says people need to understand contract negotiations are a part of showbiz.
It's been reported online that Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz, who play vampires Alice and Emmett Cullen, originally had a three-picture deal and needed a new contract for the fourth installment of the franchise.
Summit Entertainment says it won't comment on negotiations or business discussions on its films.
The studio also won't say when filming is expected to begin for "Breaking Dawn," and Reaser hasn't been given a time line, either.
She says: "I really want to know because I'm trying to plan my life."
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" opens June 30.
twilight saga, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 28 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 53 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 58 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 26 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more