Michaels has outpatient care after warning stroke
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 21, 2010 -- Bret Michaels is receiving outpatient care after being hospitalized for what doctors called a warning stroke.
His publicist, Joann Mignano, gave no other details Friday in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
Mignano previously confirmed Michaels had been diagnosed with a patent foramen ovale, or hole in the heart.
Doctors said the condition is operable and treatable and likely unrelated to the brain hemorrhage he suffered last month.
The 47-year-old, rocker-TV reality star was hospitalized this week after experiencing numbness on the left side of his body, particularly in his face and hands.
bret michaels, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 33 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014