Michaels has outpatient care after warning stroke
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 21, 2010 -- Bret Michaels is receiving outpatient care after being hospitalized for what doctors called a warning stroke.
His publicist, Joann Mignano, gave no other details Friday in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
Mignano previously confirmed Michaels had been diagnosed with a patent foramen ovale, or hole in the heart.
Doctors said the condition is operable and treatable and likely unrelated to the brain hemorrhage he suffered last month.
The 47-year-old, rocker-TV reality star was hospitalized this week after experiencing numbness on the left side of his body, particularly in his face and hands.
bret michaels, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 36 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos