Venus Williams' dress is talk of French Open
PARIS (AP) - May 26, 2010 -- Venus Williams is still answering questions about the self-designed lace dress she's wearing at the French Open.
After the American's second-round victory at the French Open on Wednesday, reporters were as interested in her fashion statement as her play. An initial query about her opponent was followed by eight consecutive questions related to what she wore on court.
Williams says the corset-like outfit's overlay and skin-toned undergarments are "about the illusion of bareness."
She also says: "The illusion of just having bare skin is definitely for me a lot more beautiful."
paris, tennis, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 51 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
15 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
42 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
51 min ago