Venus Williams' dress is talk of French Open
PARIS (AP) - May 26, 2010 -- Venus Williams is still answering questions about the self-designed lace dress she's wearing at the French Open.
After the American's second-round victory at the French Open on Wednesday, reporters were as interested in her fashion statement as her play. An initial query about her opponent was followed by eight consecutive questions related to what she wore on court.
Williams says the corset-like outfit's overlay and skin-toned undergarments are "about the illusion of bareness."
She also says: "The illusion of just having bare skin is definitely for me a lot more beautiful."
paris, tennis, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 23 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 28 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
23 min ago