Bret Michaels: Not 100 percent healthy yet
NEW YORK - May 24, 2010 -- Bret Michaels says he's not 100 percent healthy yet but is looking forward to going back on the road and performing.
Despite life-threatening illness, the 47-year-old rocker appeared on the season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday night and was rewarded with $250,000 for charity.
The Poison frontman's appearance had been in question after he suffered a brain hemorrhage in April and was hospitalized recently after what doctors called a warning stroke. He faces surgery for a hole in his heart.
In an appearance Monday on NBC's "Today" show, Michaels says that he's not back "100 percent yet" but that he's going "to do a show and see how it goes."
He says "I'm ready to rock and we'll see what happens."
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 27 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 36 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 23 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 21 min ago
- Thousands run first Boston Marathon since bombings 2 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 6 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!