Bret Michaels: Not 100 percent healthy yet
NEW YORK - May 24, 2010 -- Bret Michaels says he's not 100 percent healthy yet but is looking forward to going back on the road and performing.
Despite life-threatening illness, the 47-year-old rocker appeared on the season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday night and was rewarded with $250,000 for charity.
The Poison frontman's appearance had been in question after he suffered a brain hemorrhage in April and was hospitalized recently after what doctors called a warning stroke. He faces surgery for a hole in his heart.
In an appearance Monday on NBC's "Today" show, Michaels says that he's not back "100 percent yet" but that he's going "to do a show and see how it goes."
He says "I'm ready to rock and we'll see what happens."
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 56 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
12 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
56 min ago