Bret Michaels says he's going back on the road
NEW YORK - May 25, 2010 -- Bret Michaels is upbeat, despite his recent illnesses.
In a message on his website, the 47-year-old rocker says: "With all of my heart, soul and the remaining organs I have left ... I would like to thank each and every one of you for all of your support and awesomeness. All the good vibes and well wishes gave me the strength to go back to New York and win `Celebrity Apprentice."'
The Poison frontman suffered a brain hemorrhage in April and was hospitalized recently after what doctors called a warning stroke. He faces surgery for a hole in his heart.
Michael says he isn't 100 percent but plans to continue his tour, starting Friday in Biloxi, Miss.
He tells fans that seeing their "rockin' rollin', smiling faces ... is the best medicine I can think of."
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 27 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 33 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 11 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
33 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
52 min ago