Jesse James: "I lied to everyone"
NEW YORK - May 25, 2010 -- Jesse James says he lied about cheating during his marriage to Oscar winner Sandra Bullock and knew he would eventually get caught.
"When I was doing it, you know, one, I knew it was horrible, it made me feel horrible. And two, I knew I would get caught eventually, and I think I wanted to get caught," he says in an interview to air Tuesday night on ABC's "Nightline."
In excerpts released by the network, the 41-year-old tattooed biker and host of "Monster Garage" says Bullock "had her suspicions in the past, but, you know, I lied, and lied my way out of it. I lied to everyone about everything, even to myself."
James also says seeing Bullock in the role of mother to 4 1/2-month-old son Louis is one of the "most amazing things" he's ever seen.
"She's like a fish to water. As soon as she put that baby in her hands, it was automatic and amazing," he says.
The child was born in New Orleans, where the couple had spent time after Hurricane Katrina. He says they welcomed the baby into their family on New Year's Day.
Bullock has said she'll adopt as a single parent.
Allegations that James had been cheating on Bullock became public within days after the 45-year-old actress won the best-actress Oscar on March 7 for her role in "The Blind Side."
The couple separated in March after five years of marriage. Divorce papers were filed in April in Austin, Texas, where Bullock has a home.
Watch the exclusive interview with Jesse James tonight on a special edition of "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. on 6abc.
jesse james, sandra bullock, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases