Bush: Book begins with decision to quit drinking
DALLAS (AP) - May 25, 2010 -- George W. Bush says his upcoming book "Decision Points," due for release in November, begins with an anecdote about his wife convincing him to give up drinking.
The former president says the opening lines of his memoir deals with Laura Bush pushing him to decide whether he preferred drinking to fatherhood, and him questioning whether he loved booze more than his wife.
Addressing a wind energy convention in Dallas on Tuesday, Bush said he realized he had an addictive personality and quit drinking cold turkey. He said that act set him on the path to the presidency.
The relaxed and good-humored 63-year-old, who left office in January 2009, riffed on retirement, joking that his domestic agenda now consists of taking out the trash and doing the dishes.
george w bush, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 38 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 11 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos