McCartney's Mexico concert showing free on screen
MEXICO CITY (AP) - May 27, 2010 -- Paul McCartney is allowing his concert in Mexico City to be viewed for free on a giant movie screen.
Mexican Culture Secretary Elena Zepeda says the screen will be set up Friday night at a plaza in the capital's Chapultapec park. She says it's the former Beatle's gift to Mexico City residents.
Zepeda says the plaza can hold 10,000 people.
McCartney scheduled Mexico City performances on Thursday and Friday nights as part of his "Up and Coming Tour." No screen was set up for Thursday's concert.
Almost 100 people have gathered outside the hotel where McCartney is staying hoping for a glimpse.
paul mccartney, mexico, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ