McCartney's Mexico concert showing free on screen
MEXICO CITY (AP) - May 27, 2010 -- Paul McCartney is allowing his concert in Mexico City to be viewed for free on a giant movie screen.
Mexican Culture Secretary Elena Zepeda says the screen will be set up Friday night at a plaza in the capital's Chapultapec park. She says it's the former Beatle's gift to Mexico City residents.
Zepeda says the plaza can hold 10,000 people.
McCartney scheduled Mexico City performances on Thursday and Friday nights as part of his "Up and Coming Tour." No screen was set up for Thursday's concert.
Almost 100 people have gathered outside the hotel where McCartney is staying hoping for a glimpse.
paul mccartney, mexico, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish