Alicia Keys pregnant with her 1st child, to marry
NEW YORK (AP) - May 27, 2010 -- Alicia Keys is in a motherhood state of mind: She's pregnant with her first child.
The Grammy Award-winning R&B singer has been dating producer Swizz Beatz, who has written hits for Beyonce (bee-AHN'-say), Jay-Z and others. They're engaged to be married at a private ceremony later this year.
Representatives for the couple confirmed the news Thursday night.
Keys last year teamed up with Jay-Z for a hit song about New York called "Empire State of Mind." She's among a string of international artists slated to perform at a June 10 concert to mark the start of the World Cup soccer tournament in South Africa.
Beatz has been married before and has two sons.
alicia keys, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 56 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 23 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 8 min ago
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 3 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
3 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
23 min ago