Alicia Keys pregnant with her 1st child, to marry
NEW YORK (AP) - May 27, 2010 -- Alicia Keys is in a motherhood state of mind: She's pregnant with her first child.
The Grammy Award-winning R&B singer has been dating producer Swizz Beatz, who has written hits for Beyonce (bee-AHN'-say), Jay-Z and others. They're engaged to be married at a private ceremony later this year.
Representatives for the couple confirmed the news Thursday night.
Keys last year teamed up with Jay-Z for a hit song about New York called "Empire State of Mind." She's among a string of international artists slated to perform at a June 10 concert to mark the start of the World Cup soccer tournament in South Africa.
Beatz has been married before and has two sons.
alicia keys, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 28 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 32 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 14 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 37 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 7 min ago