Sandra Bullock to receive MTV Generation Award
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 27, 2010 -- Sandra Bullock is coming to the MTV Movie Awards.
The network says the 45-year-old actress will attend the June 6 ceremony to accept the MTV Generation Award, its highest honor.
The Oscar winner, who has kept a low profile since her public split from husband Jesse James, is the first woman to receive the award. Past recipients include Tom Cruise, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers and Jim Carrey.
MTV General Manager Stephen Friedman says Bullock is "adored by our audience as both an actress and a role model."
Hosted by Aziz Ansari, the MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live from the Gibson Amphitheatre. Presenters include Sandler, Cruise, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Chris Rock, Steve Carell and Cameron Diaz.
sandra bullock, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 4 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 37 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
37 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
4 min ago