Rihanna says enjoying Israel before show
TEL AVIV (AP) - May 29, 2010 -- R&B singing sensation Rihanna takes the stage in front of an Israeli audience for the first time Sunday night as part of her latest world tour.
It's the first time in the Holy Land for the 22-year-old Barbados native. The concert is part of her Last Girl on Earth tour, which began three weeks ago in Europe.
Rihanna spent the two days prior to her show touring Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, holding press conferences, and meeting some of her fans. She said her time in Israel was an "amazing, amazing experience."
Metallica performed in Israel this month. Other artists including the Pixies and Elton John have shows scheduled in Israel this year.
rihanna, israel, elton john, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book