Rihanna says enjoying Israel before show
TEL AVIV (AP) - May 29, 2010 -- R&B singing sensation Rihanna takes the stage in front of an Israeli audience for the first time Sunday night as part of her latest world tour.
It's the first time in the Holy Land for the 22-year-old Barbados native. The concert is part of her Last Girl on Earth tour, which began three weeks ago in Europe.
Rihanna spent the two days prior to her show touring Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, holding press conferences, and meeting some of her fans. She said her time in Israel was an "amazing, amazing experience."
Metallica performed in Israel this month. Other artists including the Pixies and Elton John have shows scheduled in Israel this year.
rihanna, israel, elton john, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall