Rihanna says enjoying Israel before show
TEL AVIV (AP) - May 29, 2010 -- R&B singing sensation Rihanna takes the stage in front of an Israeli audience for the first time Sunday night as part of her latest world tour.
It's the first time in the Holy Land for the 22-year-old Barbados native. The concert is part of her Last Girl on Earth tour, which began three weeks ago in Europe.
Rihanna spent the two days prior to her show touring Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, holding press conferences, and meeting some of her fans. She said her time in Israel was an "amazing, amazing experience."
Metallica performed in Israel this month. Other artists including the Pixies and Elton John have shows scheduled in Israel this year.
rihanna, israel, elton john, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 19 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 39 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
19 min ago