Hospital: Coleman's partner had medical authority
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - June 3, 2010 -- A spokeswoman for a Utah hospital says Gary Coleman's partner had the authority to take the former child TV star off life support.
Coleman died from a brain hemorrhage Friday.
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank said Thursday that Shannon Price was named in an advanced health care directive that allowed her to make health care decisions for Coleman.
Price and Coleman wed in August 2007 after meeting on the set of the 2006 comedy "Church Ball." Coleman's attorney, Randy Kester, says Price and Coleman divorced in August 2008. It's not clear if they ever remarried.
Coleman starred for eight seasons on "Diff'rent Strokes," starting in 1978.
In a 911 call from two days before Coleman died, Price refers to Coleman as her husband.
gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 42 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 6 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
6 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos