Gary Coleman's parents seek custody of his remains
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -June 3, 2010 -- The parents of former child TV star Gary Coleman are seeking custody of his body and want it returned to the star's boyhood home in Illinois.
Coleman died in Utah from a brain hemorrhage Friday at age 42.
Coleman's former manager and family spokesman Victor Perillo said Thursday Coleman's parents are the legal custodians of his body because he was divorced from wife Shannon Price in 2008. It was Price who ordered that Coleman be taken off of life support.
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank says Price was named in an advanced health care directive that allowed her to make health care decisions for Coleman when he couldn't make them for himself.
It's unclear whether Price and Coleman ever remarried after their divorce.
gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 8 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 27 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
8 min ago