Gary Coleman's parents seek custody of his remains
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -June 3, 2010 -- The parents of former child TV star Gary Coleman are seeking custody of his body and want it returned to the star's boyhood home in Illinois.
Coleman died in Utah from a brain hemorrhage Friday at age 42.
Coleman's former manager and family spokesman Victor Perillo said Thursday Coleman's parents are the legal custodians of his body because he was divorced from wife Shannon Price in 2008. It was Price who ordered that Coleman be taken off of life support.
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Janet Frank says Price was named in an advanced health care directive that allowed her to make health care decisions for Coleman when he couldn't make them for himself.
It's unclear whether Price and Coleman ever remarried after their divorce.
gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 10 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
10 min ago