Cruise to bring 'Tropic' character back to screen
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 9, 2010 -- Tom Cruise is bringing his foul-mouthed, hairy-handed Hollywood producer character Les Grossman back to the big screen.
Paramount Pictures and MTV Films say they're developing a film around the fictional character that Cruise brought to life in 2008's "Tropic Thunder."
The 47-year-old actor reprised the role at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards.
Cruise and Ben Stiller are among the producers of the film. Paramount said Wednesday that Cruise is in talks to play Grossman.
Cruise can next be seen on screen in "Knight and Day," due in theaters later this month.
tom cruise, los angeles, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ