Cruise to bring 'Tropic' character back to screen
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 9, 2010 -- Tom Cruise is bringing his foul-mouthed, hairy-handed Hollywood producer character Les Grossman back to the big screen.
Paramount Pictures and MTV Films say they're developing a film around the fictional character that Cruise brought to life in 2008's "Tropic Thunder."
The 47-year-old actor reprised the role at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards.
Cruise and Ben Stiller are among the producers of the film. Paramount said Wednesday that Cruise is in talks to play Grossman.
Cruise can next be seen on screen in "Knight and Day," due in theaters later this month.
tom cruise, los angeles, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 42 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 59 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier