Gary Coleman's ex-wife says they planned to re-wed
NEW YORK (AP) -June 7, 2010 -- Gary Coleman's ex-wife calls their relationship "golden" and says that before his recent death they had planned to renew their marital vows.
In an interview aired on Monday's "Good Morning America," Shannon Price says she had ordered that Coleman be taken off of life support on the advice of his doctors. The one-time child actor died May 28 in Utah at age 42 after suffering a brain hemorrhage two days earlier.
Price told ABC News that she had found Coleman lying in a pool of blood in their kitchen after hearing what she called "a big smack."
The couple had divorced in 2008, but Price says they later agreed that divorce "wasn't the right choice."
Coleman starred for eight seasons on the sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes." It debuted in 1978, when he was 10.
gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 32 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014