Parker pays somber tribute to fashion's McQueen
NEW YORK (AP) - June 8, 2010 -- Marc Jacobs has taken home the big prize as the top talent in womenswear at the Council of Fashion Designers of America awards. But the big moment on stage at New York's Lincoln Center was Sarah Jessica Parker's tribute to the late Alexander McQueen.
McQueen committed suicide earlier this year.
Parker told the celebrity-studded crowd Monday night that it was with "honor and great regret" that she was there to mark the contribution and creativity the designer gave to his industry. After her remarks, a parade of somber models presented McQueen's final fashion collection.
Later, Michael Kors received a standing ovation for his lifetime achievement prize. Jason Wu, who designed Michelle Obama's inaugural gown, was picked as the top emerging talent in womenswear.
sarah jessica parker, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 12 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?