Parker pays somber tribute to fashion's McQueen
NEW YORK (AP) - June 8, 2010 -- Marc Jacobs has taken home the big prize as the top talent in womenswear at the Council of Fashion Designers of America awards. But the big moment on stage at New York's Lincoln Center was Sarah Jessica Parker's tribute to the late Alexander McQueen.
McQueen committed suicide earlier this year.
Parker told the celebrity-studded crowd Monday night that it was with "honor and great regret" that she was there to mark the contribution and creativity the designer gave to his industry. After her remarks, a parade of somber models presented McQueen's final fashion collection.
Later, Michael Kors received a standing ovation for his lifetime achievement prize. Jason Wu, who designed Michelle Obama's inaugural gown, was picked as the top emerging talent in womenswear.
sarah jessica parker, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's