Parker pays somber tribute to fashion's McQueen
NEW YORK (AP) - June 8, 2010 -- Marc Jacobs has taken home the big prize as the top talent in womenswear at the Council of Fashion Designers of America awards. But the big moment on stage at New York's Lincoln Center was Sarah Jessica Parker's tribute to the late Alexander McQueen.
McQueen committed suicide earlier this year.
Parker told the celebrity-studded crowd Monday night that it was with "honor and great regret" that she was there to mark the contribution and creativity the designer gave to his industry. After her remarks, a parade of somber models presented McQueen's final fashion collection.
Later, Michael Kors received a standing ovation for his lifetime achievement prize. Jason Wu, who designed Michelle Obama's inaugural gown, was picked as the top emerging talent in womenswear.
sarah jessica parker, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man