Chris Brown denied entry to UK, tour is postponed
LONDON (AP) - June 8, 2010 -- Britain says U.S. singer Chris Brown has been denied entry into the United Kingdom, postponing his tour.
Brown had been scheduled to perform in London, Manchester, Birmingham and the Scottish city of Glasgow but the British government's Home Office said he had been refused a visa because of his past criminal record.
Last year Brown was sentenced to five years' probation and six months of community service for the beating of his then-girlfriend, R&B singing sensation Rihanna.
The Home Office said Brown applied for his visa last week and should have been notified of its refusal Monday.
Promoter SJM concerts said Tuesday that Brown's tour had been postponed "due to unforeseen circumstances."
chris brown, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police