Chris Brown denied entry to UK, tour is postponed
LONDON (AP) - June 8, 2010 -- Britain says U.S. singer Chris Brown has been denied entry into the United Kingdom, postponing his tour.
Brown had been scheduled to perform in London, Manchester, Birmingham and the Scottish city of Glasgow but the British government's Home Office said he had been refused a visa because of his past criminal record.
Last year Brown was sentenced to five years' probation and six months of community service for the beating of his then-girlfriend, R&B singing sensation Rihanna.
The Home Office said Brown applied for his visa last week and should have been notified of its refusal Monday.
Promoter SJM concerts said Tuesday that Brown's tour had been postponed "due to unforeseen circumstances."
chris brown, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos