Cruise to bring 'Tropic' character back to screen
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 10, 2010 -- Tom Cruise is bringing his foul-mouthed, hairy-handed Hollywood producer character Les Grossman back to the big screen.
Paramount Pictures and MTV Films say they're developing a film around the fictional character that Cruise brought to life in 2008's "Tropic Thunder."
The 47-year-old actor reprised the role at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards.
Cruise and Ben Stiller are among the producers of the film. Paramount said Wednesday that Cruise is in talks to play Grossman.
Cruise can next be seen on screen in "Knight and Day," due in theaters later this month.
tom cruise, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 31 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 4 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 16 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
31 min ago