`Breaking Dawn' to be broken into 2 films
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 11, 2011 -- "Twilight" fans will have twice as much to sink their teeth into for the saga's final chapter, with "Breaking Dawn" to be released as two movies.
Summit Entertainment, which is releasing the wildly popular vampire franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's books, said part one would come out Nov. 18, 2011. The script is being written now, with stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner returning. Production is set to begin this fall.
Bill Condon, who won an Oscar for the screenplay of his 1999 film "Gods and Monsters," will direct both movies. Condon also directed "Dreamgirls" and "Kinsey" and produced the 2009 Academy Awards ceremony with Hugh Jackman as host.
The third film in the franchise, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," comes out June 30.
twilight saga, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 53 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia