`Breaking Dawn' to be broken into 2 films
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 11, 2011 -- "Twilight" fans will have twice as much to sink their teeth into for the saga's final chapter, with "Breaking Dawn" to be released as two movies.
Summit Entertainment, which is releasing the wildly popular vampire franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's books, said part one would come out Nov. 18, 2011. The script is being written now, with stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner returning. Production is set to begin this fall.
Bill Condon, who won an Oscar for the screenplay of his 1999 film "Gods and Monsters," will direct both movies. Condon also directed "Dreamgirls" and "Kinsey" and produced the 2009 Academy Awards ceremony with Hugh Jackman as host.
The third film in the franchise, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," comes out June 30.
twilight saga, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 59 min ago