Gary Coleman remains to be cremated
PROVO, Utah - June 14, 2010 -- A Utah judge has ordered that Gary Coleman's remains be cremated after 48 hours.
Fourth District Judge James Taylor on Monday appointed an independent attorney to oversee Coleman's estate and the cremation of his remains until a dispute between Coleman's ex-wife and his ex-girlfriend is settled.
Coleman's ex-wife, Shannon Price, and his former girlfriend and manager, Anna Gray, both contend they are the lawful administrators of his estate.
Gray is named in a 2005 will, and Taylor delayed Coleman's cremation so she could travel to Utah from Portland, Ore., and see him one more time.
Price is named in a 2007 handwritten note by Coleman that's intended to amend any earlier wills. The note names Price as the sole heir.
Coleman stated in his wills that he wanted to be cremated.
utah, gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book