Attorney: No funeral for actor Gary Coleman
PROVO, Utah (AP) - June 16, 2010 -- The independent attorney appointed to oversee actor Gary Coleman's estate says there will be no funeral services for the former child TV star.
A Utah judge this week named Robert Jeffs the special administrator of Coleman's estate after a dispute between the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's ex-wife and ex-girlfriend.
Jeffs told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Coleman's 2005 will says there should be no funeral services. Jeffs said it was unlikely Coleman would be cremated on Wednesday.
The actor died May 28 after suffering a brain hemorrhage at his home south of Salt Lake City.
Coleman's ex-wife, Shannon Price, and ex-girlfriend, Anna Gray, both contend they are the lawful administrators of Coleman's estate. Gray is named in the 2005 will and Price is named in a 2007 handwritten note by Coleman that names her his sole heir.
gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 50 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 9 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
18 min ago