Attorney: No funeral for actor Gary Coleman
PROVO, Utah (AP) - June 16, 2010 -- The independent attorney appointed to oversee actor Gary Coleman's estate says there will be no funeral services for the former child TV star.
A Utah judge this week named Robert Jeffs the special administrator of Coleman's estate after a dispute between the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's ex-wife and ex-girlfriend.
Jeffs told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Coleman's 2005 will says there should be no funeral services. Jeffs said it was unlikely Coleman would be cremated on Wednesday.
The actor died May 28 after suffering a brain hemorrhage at his home south of Salt Lake City.
Coleman's ex-wife, Shannon Price, and ex-girlfriend, Anna Gray, both contend they are the lawful administrators of Coleman's estate. Gray is named in the 2005 will and Price is named in a 2007 handwritten note by Coleman that names her his sole heir.
gary coleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 18 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 25 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
44 min ago