CNN to air telethon to aid Gulf oil spill victims
NEW YORK (AP) - June 18, 2010 -- CNN and Larry King are presenting a telethon Monday to benefit victims of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Celebrities on the special two-hour edition of "Larry King Live" will include Justin Bieber (BEE'-bur), Ted Danson, Cameron Diaz, Randy Jackson and Robert Redford, as well as a performance by Sting.
CNN said Friday that guests will visit with King on set and by satellite. They will also participate in the program's telephone banks taking viewer calls.
Ryan Seacrest will host an online suite for viewers using social media like Facebook.
"Disaster in the Gulf: How You Can Help" is aimed at raising funds for the United Way, National Wildlife Federation and The Nature Conservancy. The telethon will air 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern.
cnn, oil spill, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 24 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 40 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 45 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 59 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa 35 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
15 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
3 min ago