CNN to air telethon to aid Gulf oil spill victims
NEW YORK (AP) - June 18, 2010 -- CNN and Larry King are presenting a telethon Monday to benefit victims of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Celebrities on the special two-hour edition of "Larry King Live" will include Justin Bieber (BEE'-bur), Ted Danson, Cameron Diaz, Randy Jackson and Robert Redford, as well as a performance by Sting.
CNN said Friday that guests will visit with King on set and by satellite. They will also participate in the program's telephone banks taking viewer calls.
Ryan Seacrest will host an online suite for viewers using social media like Facebook.
"Disaster in the Gulf: How You Can Help" is aimed at raising funds for the United Way, National Wildlife Federation and The Nature Conservancy. The telethon will air 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern.
cnn, oil spill, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 37 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 41 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad