CNN to air telethon to aid Gulf oil spill victims
NEW YORK (AP) - June 18, 2010 -- CNN and Larry King are presenting a telethon Monday to benefit victims of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Celebrities on the special two-hour edition of "Larry King Live" will include Justin Bieber (BEE'-bur), Ted Danson, Cameron Diaz, Randy Jackson and Robert Redford, as well as a performance by Sting.
CNN said Friday that guests will visit with King on set and by satellite. They will also participate in the program's telephone banks taking viewer calls.
Ryan Seacrest will host an online suite for viewers using social media like Facebook.
"Disaster in the Gulf: How You Can Help" is aimed at raising funds for the United Way, National Wildlife Federation and The Nature Conservancy. The telethon will air 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern.
cnn, oil spill, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos