Angelina Jolie makes low-profile visit to Haiti
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) - June 19, 2010 -- Actress Angelina Jolie has quietly returned to Haiti for meetings with Haitian and U.N. officials.
The weekend visit by the "goodwill ambassador" for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was not announced to keep it low-profile.
U.N. officials confirmed the visit when asked by The Associated Press. They agreed to discuss the trip only if not quoted by name because they were asked not to share details of Jolie's visit.
Jolie has visited Haiti several times. In February she met with orphans and other earthquake victims.
The actress has also visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries on behalf of the U.N. refugee agency.
angeline jolie, haiti, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry