Angelina Jolie makes low-profile visit to Haiti
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) - June 19, 2010 -- Actress Angelina Jolie has quietly returned to Haiti for meetings with Haitian and U.N. officials.
The weekend visit by the "goodwill ambassador" for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was not announced to keep it low-profile.
U.N. officials confirmed the visit when asked by The Associated Press. They agreed to discuss the trip only if not quoted by name because they were asked not to share details of Jolie's visit.
Jolie has visited Haiti several times. In February she met with orphans and other earthquake victims.
The actress has also visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries on behalf of the U.N. refugee agency.
angeline jolie, haiti, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 44 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies