Armstrong tweet: This Tour will be last.
June 29, 2010 -- Lance Armstrong has posted on his Twitter page this year's Tour de France will be his last.
"It's been a great ride. Looking forward to 3 great weeks," Armstrong tweeted Monday.
A seven-time winner of cycling's most prestigious race, the 38-year-old Armstrong returned to the Tour last year after a three-year absence and finished third behind Astana teammate Alberto Contador of Spain.
Armstrong started a new team for this year's race.
He won the race seven straight times from 1999-2005 before retiring.
The Tour de France starts Saturday in Belgium.
cycling, lance armstrong, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing 36 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 49 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 4 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 2 min ago
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
49 min ago