Eminem has biggest sales debut since 2008
NEW YORK (AP) -June 30, 2010 -- Eminem's "Recovery" is going quite well. The rapper's CD sold 741,000 in its first week of release, making it the best debut of the year.
The figures were released by Eminem's record label, Interscope, on Tuesday and confirmed by Nielsen SoundScan. It's actually the best album debut since October 2008, when AC/DC's "Black Ice" topped the charts with sales of 784,000.
Eminem released the CD "Relapse" last year, but "Recovery" has gotten much better reviews.
The 37-year-old rapper was named the best-selling artist of the last decade by Billboard.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 40 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 57 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash