Seth Meyers mining LeBron's future for laughs
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 7, 2010 -- Like a lot of other folks, Seth Meyers is waiting to learn where LeBron James is going to play basketball next season.
The current host of the fake news sketch "Weekend Update" on "Saturday Night Live" joked Wednesday that it would be exciting to dedicate an hour of TV to "a person naming one team."
Meyers will host the ESPY Awards on July 14 from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. The annual show honors the year's best sports moments airs live on ESPN.
James is expected to announce his future destination in an hour-long special airing Thursday night on ESPN.
Meyers presented at last year's ESPYs, and is hosting for the first time.
Among the presenters this year are Will Ferrell, Kenny Chesney, former ESPYs host Samuel L. Jackson and Olympic snowboarder Shaun White.
los angeles, lebron james, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 3 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 38 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 24 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 30 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply