Seth Meyers mining LeBron's future for laughs
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 7, 2010 -- Like a lot of other folks, Seth Meyers is waiting to learn where LeBron James is going to play basketball next season.
The current host of the fake news sketch "Weekend Update" on "Saturday Night Live" joked Wednesday that it would be exciting to dedicate an hour of TV to "a person naming one team."
Meyers will host the ESPY Awards on July 14 from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. The annual show honors the year's best sports moments airs live on ESPN.
James is expected to announce his future destination in an hour-long special airing Thursday night on ESPN.
Meyers presented at last year's ESPYs, and is hosting for the first time.
Among the presenters this year are Will Ferrell, Kenny Chesney, former ESPYs host Samuel L. Jackson and Olympic snowboarder Shaun White.
los angeles, lebron james, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 30 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 40 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
48 min ago