Larry King, wife withdraw divorce filings in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July8, 2010 -- Larry King's television reign may be ending, but his eighth marriage will go on.
Court records in Los Angeles showed King and his wife each filed Wednesday to end competing divorce petitions and that the cases have been dismissed.
The move comes nearly three months after the host of CNN's "Larry King Live" filed to end his nearly 13-year marriage to his seventh wife, Shawn.
She also sought to end the marriage, but the couple soon reconciled.
King announced his retirement last month. He cited the desire to spend more time with his wife and two young sons as one of the benefits of ending his show after 25 years.
He will step down from the show this year, and CNN executives are searching for a replacement.
He has said he will continue to produce specials for the network.
In a statement released Thursday, King said, "A lot of new things are happening to us, and we are happy to be together as a family with our children."
Shawn King was treated for an apparent overdose of prescription drugs in Utah in May. Larry King's spokesman said at the time that the couple would be staying together.
They were married in 1997, three days before Larry King underwent surgery to clear a clogged blood vessel.
King married one of his former wives twice.
los angeles, larry king, divorce, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ