Naomi Campbell will testify at war crimes trial
LONDON (AP) - July 10, 2010 -- Fashion model Naomi Campbell says she will testify at the war crimes trial of former Liberian president Charles Taylor.
Taylor is accused of supporting the rebels in Sierra Leone's 11-year civil war in exchange for diamonds and other natural resources. He denies trading in the so-called "blood diamonds."
Prosecutors at Taylor's trial in The Hague have summoned Campbell to testify later this month about reports that she received diamonds from Taylor during a 1997 reception in South Africa.
The Outside Organization, a public relations company that represents Campbell, announced on Friday that Campbell would testify. Her appearance is scheduled for July 29.
naomi campbell, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ