Carrie Underwood marries hockey player Mike Fisher
ATLANTA (AP) -July 12, 2010 -- Grammy-winning country singer Carrie Underwood has married NHL player Mike Fisher at a resort in Georgia.
"Yes, Mike and Carrie are married," Underwood's publicist Jessie Schmidt said in an e-mail to The Associated Press early Sunday.
The wedding took place Saturday at the Reynolds Plantation resort in Greensboro, Ga.
Underwood, 27, rose to fame after winning the fourth season of "American Idol." Fisher, 30, is a forward for the Ottawa Senators.
No details on where Underwood and Fisher will spend their honeymoon have been released.
carrie underwood, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 20 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 32 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 28 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
28 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos