Actor George Clooney testifies at fraud trial
MILAN (AP) - July 16, 2010 -- Actor George Clooney has testified at a fraud trial in Milan and even the judge said it seemed like a Hollywood set.
Dozens of celebrity-watchers packed the tiny courtroom Friday as Clooney showed up at the trial against three defendants charged with coopting the American actor's name for a line of clothing.
The actor wore a navy blue suit, crisp white shirt and red-spotted blue tie, and he addressed the court through an interpreter. He said photos purportedly showing him with two of the defendants were doctored and that his signature on documents was forged.
After his 90-minute testimony, Judge Pietro Caccialanza thanked Clooney and said the session "has lasted as long as a movie."
george clooney, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police