Food poisoning postpones Elton John's Ariz concert
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - July 21, 2010 -- A bout of food poisoning has caused the postponement of Elton John's scheduled concert at Tucson Arena.
The Arizona Daily Star reports that Wednesday night's show was nearly sold out with about 8,800 tickets purchased. Organizers say the British rocker will perform Thursday night instead.
A spokeswoman for the Tucson concert venue says John apologizes for the inconvenience caused by his illness, but doctors say he will be fine to take the stage Thursday.
elton john, arizona, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 46 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 29 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 6 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
46 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
29 min ago