Sheriff investigating Mel Gibson's ex for extortion
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 21, 2010 -- Sheriff's detectives in Los Angeles are checking extortion allegations against Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the agency is looking into whether Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva may have tried to extort the Academy Award-winner. He declined to offer any other details on the inquiry.
Detectives earlier this month interviewed Grigorieva after she claimed Gibson abused her during an incident in January.
A spokesman for Grigorieva declined comment Wednesday.
Gibson and Grigorieva are locked in a bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter.
No arrests have been made, and neither has been charged with any crimes.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ