Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie settle privacy claim
LONDON (AP) - July 22, 2010 -- Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have accepted undisclosed damages in London's High Court to settle a privacy claim against a British tabloid that had reported they were planning to split.
The celebrity couple began legal action against the News of the World after it reported in January that they had agreed to separate.
The pair argued the newspaper had made false and intrusive allegations in saying that they had planned to divide assets worth 205 million pounds ($320 million) and had made arrangements regarding the custody of their six children.
The newspaper confirmed Thursday that a settlement had been reached, but declined to comment further.
The couple did not attend the hearing.
angelina jolie, brad pitt, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 39 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 25 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 31 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply