Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie settle privacy claim
LONDON (AP) - July 22, 2010 -- Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have accepted undisclosed damages in London's High Court to settle a privacy claim against a British tabloid that had reported they were planning to split.
The celebrity couple began legal action against the News of the World after it reported in January that they had agreed to separate.
The pair argued the newspaper had made false and intrusive allegations in saying that they had planned to divide assets worth 205 million pounds ($320 million) and had made arrangements regarding the custody of their six children.
The newspaper confirmed Thursday that a settlement had been reached, but declined to comment further.
The couple did not attend the hearing.
angelina jolie, brad pitt, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 23 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 36 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
23 min ago