Top Gun meets 'Top Gear' in UK TV show race
LONDON (AP) - July 22, 2010 -- Top Gun is taking on "Top Gear" as Tom Cruise races into Britain's hit motoring-themed TV show to compete in an on-air challenge.
The BBC says Cruise will appear on its "Top Gear" program Sunday in a segment called "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car."
Cruise and actress Cameron Diaz will race in Kia Cee'd cars, competing to see who can complete the fastest lap of a British race circuit.
The channel said Thursday that the current champion is "Harry Potter" actor Rupert Grint.
Cruise and Diaz are in London to promote their new movie "Knight And Day," premiering Thursday in London.
tom cruise, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 22 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 8 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 7 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 2 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 15 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
12 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
22 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
8 min ago