Top Gun meets 'Top Gear' in UK TV show race
LONDON (AP) - July 22, 2010 -- Top Gun is taking on "Top Gear" as Tom Cruise races into Britain's hit motoring-themed TV show to compete in an on-air challenge.
The BBC says Cruise will appear on its "Top Gear" program Sunday in a segment called "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car."
Cruise and actress Cameron Diaz will race in Kia Cee'd cars, competing to see who can complete the fastest lap of a British race circuit.
The channel said Thursday that the current champion is "Harry Potter" actor Rupert Grint.
Cruise and Diaz are in London to promote their new movie "Knight And Day," premiering Thursday in London.
tom cruise, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man