Naomi Campbell to testify Aug. 5 at Taylor trial
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone (AP) - July 22, 2010 -- The chief prosecutor of the war crimes tribunal for Sierra Leone says Naomi Campbell will testify next month at Charles Taylor's trial.
Prosecutors want the supermodel to say whether Taylor gave her a rough, or uncut, diamond as a gift in 1997.
The court issued the order forcing Campbell to testify after she avoided prosecutors for a year and made it known she had no wish to be part of the case.
Prosecutor Brenda Hollis said Thursday that Campbell will testify on Aug. 5 instead of July 29 as previously scheduled.
Taylor, the former president of Liberia, denies prosecutors' allegations that he provided arms and ammunition to brutal rebels during Sierra Leone's civil war in exchange for so-called blood diamonds.
naomi campbell, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 50 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 49 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 14 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 30 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
31 min ago