Angelina Jolie says she was scarred by 'Salt'
SAN DIEGO (AP) - July 22, 2010 -- She wasn't in 3-D. She wasn't computer generated. She wasn't even wearing a costume.
That didn't stop Angelina Jolie, clad in a snug shiny black jacket, from dazzling the crowd at Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon as she promoted her spy action-thriller "Salt," which opens Friday.
"She's so pretty," said convention goer Christina Torres, who waited Thursday morning in a line that snaked outside the San Diego Convention Center to catch Jolie in the flesh. "I mean, I always knew she was pretty, but when you see in her person, you realize just how pretty she is."
The A-list actress tiptoed around fan questions about her mysterious character Evelyn Salt, who may or may not be a Russian spy.
"There's a real duplicity to her personality," she said. "There's a part of her that's not necessarily a good guy, and because of certain things that happened to her, she's a bit damaged. She's not just heroic. She's not even. She's not just brave. There's something a little off about her, and maybe there's something off about me."
Jolie performed her own stunts in "Salt" and recounted an on-set injury to the audience that left her scarred. She sliced open part of her face just above her nose when tumbling into a doorway with a gun.
Jolie said she first thought she suffered a concussion because she couldn't hear anything, but later realized she was wearing earplugs.
Comic-Con continues at the San Diego Convention Center through Sunday.
angelina jolie, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 41 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 28 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 57 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos